Clinton Kelly’s Spiced Slow Cooker Mulled Wine is the perfect addition to any gathering!
servings: 12-16 – easy – 2+ hr
SPICED SLOW COOKER MULLED WINE
- 6 star anise pods
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 bottles red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, 750-ml each)
- 6 cups apple cider
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 oranges (peeled for garnish)
- In small saute pan over medium-high heat, add the star anise, black peppercorns and cloves, and toast until fragrant. Remove from the heat and place on a piece of cheesecloth, tie up with butchers twine, making a little purse.
- Into a slow cooker, add the purse of toasted spices, wine, apple cider and cinnamon sticks. Heat on high for 30 minutes, then reduce the heat to low for 4 hours.
- To Serve: Ladle the mulled wine into mugs and garnish with an orange peel.
- Tip: The slow cooker is the perfect way to serve all of your warm holiday beverages and cocktails at a party.